Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

We hope you enjoy your visit to Bartiforums.com

Since 2005 we've been a place for Bart fans to come together, discuss the books and other things. Jonathan Stroud himself is also a member of our community and you have the chance to talk to him. All you need to do is register an account.

Once registering you'll have the ability to set up and customise your profile, and access the options to post replies. Registration is completely free. There are no costs for access to any part of our board.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: (Advanced Login)

Username:   Password:
What r u reading while waiting for the last?; What have you been reading while waiting for the 5th book?
Topic Started: Jul 29 2017, 04:54 AM (292 Views)
coffee cup
Member Avatar
I want to know what you've been reading while waiting for the "Empty Grave" to come out.

1) Rereading "Creeping Shadow" etc.

2) "A Monster Calls"by Patrick Ness (To Be Read)

3) "Spellslinger" by Sebastien de Castell (TBR)

4) "Six of crows" by Leigh Bardugo (TBR)

5) "Crooked kingdom" by Leigh Bardugo (TBR)

6) Something by Stephen King (TBR)

7) Something by Susan Hill (TBR)

8) Something by M.R. James (TBR)

9) Something new by Edgar Allan Poe (TBR)

10) "Coin heist" by Elisa Ludwig (TBR)

11) "War and Peace" (TBR)

12) "Moby dick" (TBR)

A sad (long) list. . .guess I've been too preoccupied with analyzing and rereading the whole Lockwood books. How can you not? Especially after what Stroud's doing with all the hype and fear.
Offline Profile _Quote Top
Member Avatar
Nothing But The Rain

Currently I'm reading The Witch Who Came in from the Cold by Lindsay Smith, Max Gladstone et al (I'm a couple of episodes into season two).

Moon Shot - Alan Shepard and Deke Slayton
The Stars are Legion - Kameron Hurley
All five Craft Sequence books - Max Gladstone
Messy - Tim Harford
The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet; A Closed and Common Orbit - Becky Chambers
Forensics - Val McDermid
Luna: New Moon - Ian McDonald

On the queue, either on my Kindle or on my desk (in no particular order):
Luna: Wolf Moon - Ian McDonald
The Hanging Tree - Ben Aaronovich
Six Wakes - Mur Lafferty
The Delirium Brief - Charles Stross

Obviously, Empty Grave gets an immediate bump to the top of the queue when it comes out.
Sentynel - Head Ninja, Admin, Keeper of the Ban Afrit, Official Forum Graphics Guy, and forum code debugger.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way
Member Avatar
I've been finally (FINALLY) finishing the Bartimaeus Trilogy after putting it off for more than a year (blasphemy, I know). I'd rant here
about how awesome and epic it was but y'all already know that :P
Other than that, I read When Dimple Met Rishi (although it's not my type at ALL but I really liked it) and now I've been reading a loooot of fan fiction.
Oh my gosh coffee cup you're going to LOVE Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom!!! Could I also recommend The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater? It's an amazing series: fantasy, great characters, and her writing style is perfect.
Haha, same, Sentynel! I'm counting down the days for TEG to come out.
i K
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Book Discussion · Next Topic »