Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome.

We hope you enjoy your visit to Bartiforums.com

Since 2005 we've been a place for Bart fans to come together, discuss the books and other things. Jonathan Stroud himself is also a member of our community and you have the chance to talk to him. All you need to do is register an account.

Once registering you'll have the ability to set up and customise your profile, and access the options to post replies. Registration is completely free. There are no costs for access to any part of our board.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: (Advanced Login)

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
The Creeping Shadow; Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 16 2016, 02:48 PM (2,442 Views)
evillaugh
Member Avatar
Djinni
Ok, I've finished TCS yesterday and I absolutely loved it. Iím thankful that two of my theories didnít come true, but an older one I had forgotten, did.
I read the whole book in one sitting and loved every moment of it: The horror, the suspension, the wit, the descriptions and the character developements. It does kinda end in a cliffhanger, but not as bad as the last oneÖkinda.
I have literally highlighted half the book and am trying not to scream into the void.

Now, for the spoilery part
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by evillaugh, Sep 16 2016, 02:49 PM.
friends come and friends go, but enemies accumulate
education is important, school however, is another matter
If you think the grass is greener on the other side, it's because it is fertilized with bullcabbage
Offline Profile _Quote Top

TrueHauntings
Member Avatar
Imp
This book was so great!
Edited by TrueHauntings, Sep 16 2016, 03:09 PM.

Kittycat
Member Avatar
Imp
I LOVED it, and I'm still rereading it. I especially loved Lockwood, Holly, and the skull in this book. Favorite part was the Vauxhall black market.

Sentynel
Member Avatar
Nothing But The Rain

SO GOOD

Sentynel - Head Ninja, Admin, Keeper of the Ban Afrit, Official Forum Graphics Guy, and forum code debugger.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

evillaugh
Member Avatar
Djinni
Yeah, better take those covers with a pinch of salt

If you think the grass is greener on the other side, it's because it is fertilized with bullcabbage

shuror
Member Avatar
Mite
Hi, ive been fairly quiet since my last post. So ive just finished reading the book last week and i finished listening to the audiobook today. Its interesting the things you often notice when you hear the words rather than read as the narrator places emphasis on particular words.

Its been a while so hopefully i wont mess up the spoiler bit.

Edited by shuror, Sep 22 2016, 11:26 PM.

princess-leyla
Member Avatar
Mite
MWAHAHAHAHA

Edited by princess-leyla, Sep 25 2016, 12:36 PM.
HAR HAR HAR! MINE IS AN EVIL LAUGH! -Firefly

Kittycat
Member Avatar
Imp
Ahhhhhh so many questions. I wish I could chat properly with Mr. Stroud! I keep forgetting my questions so I've started writing them down.

And that is so true, Shuror!! I read the L&Co books aloud to my little brother and despite how many hundreds of time I might have read them I always notice new details.
Welcome to Bartiforums, princess-leyla!! Here's a cookie: :cookie: And YESSSS for Locklye
Wow, I had no idea we had Spock and Pokemon GO emojis.
Edited by Kittycat, Sep 28 2016, 12:09 AM.

evillaugh
Member Avatar
Djinni
:welcome: princess-leyla! Yes, please do have a :cookie: and some tea.

I wouldn't mind Lucy narrating the books, she is the main character after all...

Kittycat
Member Avatar
Imp
Yeah, me too. I'm glad it's Lucy narrating. But I don't want it to end with her beginning narrating TSS or something, like in Artemis Fowl.
Edited by Kittycat, Sep 28 2016, 02:19 PM.

shuror
Member Avatar
Mite
Hi again everyone. Looks like theres been a few more responses. Its really good to read everyones comments as people often find stuff you miss.

Edited by shuror, Sep 29 2016, 12:16 AM.

Kittycat
Member Avatar
Imp
Yep! I feel like I'm analyzing this (and enjoying) so much just because it's a currently incomplete series. If I had discovered this much later I wouldn't have cared so much about reading it over and over again. Well, I'm glad I get to analyze books I actually love for once.
Edited by Kittycat, Sep 29 2016, 02:48 PM.

Sentynel
Member Avatar
Nothing But The Rain

Sentynel - Head Ninja, Admin, Keeper of the Ban Afrit, Official Forum Graphics Guy, and forum code debugger.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

shuror
Member Avatar
Mite
I really enjoy reading everyones ideas. Its fun. Shame there isnt more of us on here to keep the thread busy. That said time for some spoilers

Yellowfang
Mite
Edited by Yellowfang, Oct 6 2016, 03:45 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Lockwood & Co. · Next Topic »
  • Pages: