Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome.

We hope you enjoy your visit to Bartiforums.com

Since 2005 we've been a place for Bart fans to come together, discuss the books and other things. Jonathan Stroud himself is also a member of our community and you have the chance to talk to him. All you need to do is register an account.

Once registering you'll have the ability to set up and customise your profile, and access the options to post replies. Registration is completely free. There are no costs for access to any part of our board.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: (Advanced Login)

Username:   Password:
Destroyed by Bartimaeus; I can't get over it - book suggestions please
Topic Started: Sep 4 2016, 12:56 AM (1,660 Views)
Geegee539
Mite
You know when you finish a book or tv series and it ends and you just start wondering if you will ever find anything as good ever again? That's what it has been like for 9 years for me.

Since I was 14 I have re read the Bartimaeus Trilogy four times. I always leave a few years in between and decided at 23 that it was time to read them all over again. I've just finished Ptolemy's gate and almost wish I hadn't because now I'm older every theme stuck with me a lot more and I really felt all of the emotions of the characters.

I have never been able to find a book that I love as much as these, but PLEASE give me your suggestions on books you think I will enjoy knowing I loved the Bartimaeus trilogy. Any suggestions will do, I will consider them all and am grateful for your time! (Yes I have read all the Lockwood and Co series and love them). I really hope this is the right place to post this! I hope I get to make connections with like minded people who live this series as much as me :)

From a girl who still feels like a kid at heart and needs a book to mend the hole that Bartimaeus left in mine.
Edited by Geegee539, Sep 4 2016, 01:01 AM.
Offline Profile _Quote Top

evillaugh
Member Avatar
Djinni
Hmm, have you tried Terry Prattchet?
friends come and friends go, but enemies accumulate
education is important, school however, is another matter
If you think the grass is greener on the other side, it's because it is fertilized with bullcabbage

Roo
Imp
I really enjoyed the Legend of Eli Monpress by Rachel Aaron.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »