Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome.

We hope you enjoy your visit to Bartiforums.com

Since 2005 we've been a place for Bart fans to come together, discuss the books and other things. Jonathan Stroud himself is also a member of our community and you have the chance to talk to him. All you need to do is register an account.

Once registering you'll have the ability to set up and customise your profile, and access the options to post replies. Registration is completely free. There are no costs for access to any part of our board.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: (Advanced Login)

Username:   Password:
Does Bart still regret Ptolemy's death?
Topic Started: Aug 4 2016, 04:28 PM (807 Views)
Dear Rekhyt
Member Avatar
Mite
Why does Bartimaeus frequently assumes Ptolemy's guise? Does he still truly regrets his inability to save his master? They only knew each other for about two years I think, and it has been two thousand since then. If their bond was this strong, weren't there other djinn or spirits who had the same kind of bonds with their human masters? Or was Ptolemy + Bartimaeus the only example?

Just something I was wondering about because P & Rekhyt's relationship seems so very exceptional and beautiful to me.

Also, :new: HELLO!
'I rather think he knew anyway.'
Offline Profile _Quote Top

evillaugh
Member Avatar
Djinni
Well, seeing as Bart was the only one present at his death and gets spitting mad when Ptolemy is brought up, I'd say he very much regrets his death. As for other spirits, they're all either itter like Faquarl or have become subject to Stockholm Syndrome like Ammet and that foliot in AoS. I'd imagine that masters who actually give a crap about their spirits were few and far between. If there were other such relationship, we at least don't hear about them.

Hello and :welcome:
friends come and friends go, but enemies accumulate
education is important, school however, is another matter
If you think the grass is greener on the other side, it's because it is fertilized with bullcabbage

Dear Rekhyt
Member Avatar
Mite
Thanks for answering! I absolutely love Ptolemy and Bart and really magicians ought to respect their djinn and servants. I think only Ptolemy and Nat ever did something as good as they both did towards their end to a spirit. Although with Nat, it was in the very end.
'I rather think he knew anyway.'

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »