Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome.

We hope you enjoy your visit to Bartiforums.com

Since 2005 we've been a place for Bart fans to come together, discuss the books and other things. Jonathan Stroud himself is also a member of our community and you have the chance to talk to him. All you need to do is register an account.

Once registering you'll have the ability to set up and customise your profile, and access the options to post replies. Registration is completely free. There are no costs for access to any part of our board.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: (Advanced Login)

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
My Upcoming Fantasy Series - Secrets of the Rainbow Bridge - Free Sample Chapters!
Topic Started: Sep 6 2014, 02:40 AM (2,438 Views)
hexdrex
Mite
Hello!

A little shameless self promotion (I read the rules and it said this was the place).

Crowd funding long over. Thanks everyone.

Blurb redacted. New one will come when published.

Here is a painting of one of the characters:
Posted Image

If you are interested please visit my website http://www.sotrb.com, and we will keep you updated when our campaign goes live. If you want to see my artwork we have it on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter:
https://www.facebook.com/SOTRBridge
https://twitter.com/SOTRB
http://www.pinterest.com/SOTRB/

Thank You!
Edited by hexdrex, Mar 26 2016, 06:22 AM.
Offline Profile _Quote Top

evillaugh
Member Avatar
Djinni
Awesome fanart, did you make it? I assume the story is a classic hero's journey?
friends come and friends go, but enemies accumulate
education is important, school however, is another matter
If you think the grass is greener on the other side, it's because it is fertilized with bullcabbage

hexdrex
Mite
evillaugh
Sep 6 2014, 11:22 AM
Awesome fanart, did you make it? I assume the story is a classic hero's journey?
Thanks for the compliment! :-)

I had the artwork commissioned for the series to help readers get familiar with the world. It does follow the classic hero's journey with some (I hope) interesting twists along the way.
Edited by hexdrex, Sep 6 2014, 02:00 PM.

evillaugh
Member Avatar
Djinni
Is the book already published? Will you sell it, or put it on the Net?
If you think the grass is greener on the other side, it's because it is fertilized with bullcabbage

hexdrex
Mite
evillaugh
Sep 6 2014, 01:55 PM
Is the book already published? Will you sell it, or put it on the Net?
The book is coming out next year, but we have a 90,000 (approx) word preview that will be available soon. Our Indiegogo should be launched about the 10th (or so) this month, and we'll have the preview ready by then.

There will be a chance with Indiegogo to get limited editions in pdf, mobi, or epub, and there will also be paperbacks and hardbacks as well as different schwag. It will be a pretty good value since they come with extra goodies.

evillaugh
Member Avatar
Djinni
How long have you been working on it?

hexdrex
Mite
evillaugh
Sep 6 2014, 08:19 PM
How long have you been working on it?
We've been working on this for a little over four years. By the time we finish we'll be at the five year mark which is about right for this type of book.

evillaugh
Member Avatar
Djinni
That's a lot of effort. Are fantasy worlds complicated to create?

hexdrex
Mite
evillaugh
Sep 7 2014, 10:54 AM
That's a lot of effort. Are fantasy worlds complicated to create?
I would say yes. It varies considerably, but we spent a lot of time getting all the details right. I believe you really have to spend time to get the best results. However, some authors do great with minimal world building.

Readers pick up on whats implied "off the page" and they appreciate complex, yet coherent world building.

evillaugh
Member Avatar
Djinni
I think a fantasy world is more interesing if you can relate parts of it with real life. I got a bit lost in the ones without reason or rhyme.

hexdrex
Mite
evillaugh
Sep 7 2014, 07:01 PM
I think a fantasy world is more interesing if you can relate parts of it with real life. I got a bit lost in the ones without reason or rhyme.
Yes that's key. If it's too alien there's nothing for people to connect with. Our world is pretty accessible. We set it up so it's easy to grab at first.

evillaugh
Member Avatar
Djinni
Will you post the preview in here?

hexdrex
Mite
evillaugh
Sep 8 2014, 07:23 AM
Will you post the preview in here?
Yes I'll post it in here in just a few days. We are in the final stages before we launch. We'll have a pdf, and an epub for Kindle, Nook, and the Ipad. It's a pretty clean version but oddly the converter still does strange things like turning "-" into "/" sometimes. :(

But for a preview it should be okay.

evillaugh
Member Avatar
Djinni
I'll look fowards to it :)

Roo
Imp
What age group are you going for?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Spamzone · Next Topic »
  • Pages: